We are an Event Photography service. Our photos of celebrities run in publications all over the world. Feel free to contact us at 917 445 1798.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Dresden Calling

I think Valentine's Day is depressing. Even when I was a little kid it seemed hard to feel good about it. Does somebody like me? When I was fifteen a boy wrote me a sweet poem so that was nice.

I feel an affinity for Dresden, Germany. I can't think about the WWII destruction of Dresden without crying hot tears. It's not rational, just emotional. Curiosity is what led me to spend a month in Germany. I wanted to know why I was preoccupied with the destruction of a town I had never seen.

Anyway, I went there, was pretty upset most of the time. The bombing started February 13th (1945). It happened at night. The next day the Allies bombed it again until the entire center of the city caught on fire. So, I still don't like Valentine's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Free Counters