We are an Event Photography service. Our photos of celebrities run in publications all over the world. Feel free to contact us at 917 445 1798.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

My Favorite Camera

I'm sort of obsessed with optics. I know it's a sad, freaky childhood reason why this is. i.e. the only way I could almost relate to my father was through cameras. Now I don't relate with him--just cameras.

I'm strapped for cash a lot. So film tends to come up as an extraneous expense. I have these INCREDIBLE (Hasselblad, Graflex, Bolex) cameras but it just costs too much to operate them. They also have weird negative sizes so they required a lot of darkroom time and chemicals. When those pictures came out, it was so satisfying. But I got tired of the drama. I had a lot of miserable failures in that darkroom. Mostly from 2001-2002. I worked forEVER to learn how to develop 16mm film. I couldn't get the projectors to work. Somehow the chemicals weren't quite right. I saw enough to see the Bolex camera was taking good images and that the aperture/shutter speeds were okay. Anyway, I kind of had it.

Wow, that's a lot of set up for nothing. My favorite camera is the Digital Rebel. It's a 6.3 megapixel interchangable lens slr type camera. My other digital camera was a Casio point and shoot (QX 3000 or something).

The digital rebel has blown my mind since I've gotten it. The first weird lens I got was the 16mm Zenitar fisheye. The picture of my dachshund Heathcliffe alone in the big room was taken with it. Pretty exciting lens. It doesn't get used much. The optics don't amaze me but the distortion is quite interesting.

Tip of my life! Super Takumar lenses by Pentax are cheap and the results are sharp and gorgeous. I get the old screw mount (M42) ones off ebay.

Long story short, through adapters I've put so many weird things in front of my digital rebel. I got a microscope in front of it and I've been trying to stretch my zoom potential--hence the moon shot.

Last night I took another more zoomed shot of the full moon. It was brighter but just too mushy. I like it sharp!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Free Counters