We are an Event Photography service. Our photos of celebrities run in publications all over the world. Feel free to contact us at 917 445 1798.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Hey

I ran out of space for pictures at the moment and I'm not tech saavy enough to figure something else out. That means there'll be a lot of just text for the moment.

We are back to actually editing the movie. It's all about applying the right music. There's been some tussles back and forth between me and the editor. He's very defensive. So am I. Anyway, it's just something that needs to be dealt with.

At the same time I'm trying to write The Narcissist. I'm trying to figure how deep I can get into the phenomenon in a funny way. I've been writing about the importance of the master/pupil scene (see other posts). My key words at the moment are:

shadow self
disassociation
triggers
causes
fracturing
fragmentation

I want to show that the hero was driven to fracturing through external pressure from his mother. She condemned and would not accept his "bad self" i.e. anger, selfishness, aggression so he had to externalize all this. It was all fed into his video games. Since he poured half of himself into that stuff he became totally linked to it, hence addicted.

The "game box" keeps coming back and haunting him because it is him. He cannot live separated from himself. I want to somewhat duplicate the scene from Star Wars where Luke (with Yoda) goes into the cave.

"What is in there?"

"Only what you bring?"

What's in my hero's cave?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Free Counters